Saturday, June 11, 2011

Braxton Hicks Contractions?

I really wish before this whole process started that someone would have told me what Braxton Hicks contractions were.  Because let me tell you, as a first timer the moment your wife mentions she is having contractions panic sets in.  A world of emotions and thoughts swarms through your head…..crap, I don’t have any bags packed; crap, the nursery isn’t set up; crap, we haven’t even taken a single birthing class; crap, am I even ready for this life changing event…what am I supposed to do.  Well all that panic was for not once Jessica informed me of the term Braxton Hicks and what they were.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, it all makes sense.  The uterus is a muscle and it has to get a few workouts in before the  BIG PUSH…..I get it.  I just wish I would have initially got the memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment